At the beginning of the series, Ringer showed promising signs of returning for a second season. Its network, The CW, had given Ringer a full season order and ratings had averaged roughly 0.9 with 1.9 million viewers per show, but when it returned in 2012 after a two month hiatus, it never quite regained its original audience.  In its last episode, ‘You’re Way Too Pretty To Go To Jail’, it struggled rating only 0.4 with 1.1 million viewers tuned in, possibly hammering the nail in the coffin for a disheartening cancellation.

So what is it about Ringer that has viewers straying away, making its numbers decline so rapidly? For one, it may be the Tuesday night line-up and it’s pairing with New Girl, NCIS: Los Angeles, and newbie The River for the 9 p.m. time-slot. Or perhaps it’s an odd drama choice for The CW, which usually sports a younger kind of vibe with shows such as Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, The Secret Circle, and the wildly popular The Vampire Diaries. This explanation could be supported by Nikita, who’s lack of viewers has also put it’s future up in the air. Whatever the reason may be, Ringer has been consistently surprising us at every turn, leaving those who are watching wanting answers, especially with the possibility of early ending.

In an interview with TVLine, Ioan Grufford, who plays Andrew Martin on Ringer, talked about the possibility of having a second season.

“As far as knowing [about Season 2] in an official capacity, nobody knows right now. I think everybody’s vying for that attention from the network. We’re very aware of the numbers and that it’s a numbers game. Creatively, we think we have a very strong chance, but as far as numbers, they might reflect a different story. From a personal standpoint, I haven’t even wavered. I was recently cleaning out my trailer and I was trying to remember things to bring back with me next year. It’s the first time I’ve been in this situation where I’ve been on a show for the full 22 [episodes] and we don’t know anything; there are no indicators   . As far as the storyline is concerned, we’ve set it up as if we are coming back. We’re not shying away from anything and we haven’t been asked to tie things up neatly — we’ve been given leeway to present new ideas for next season. So, I haven’t wavered in my belief that we are coming back. But you know, I’ve been wrong in the past. [Laughs]”

As the season finale lurks around the corner, it’s left us asking ourselves what exactly will be revealed before the curtain falls? Do you think Ringer should be renewed despite its numbers?

UPDATE: The CW cancelled the show. It won’t have a second season.

Muri

Related Posts

None Found

168 Responses so far.

1. Laura says:

Sitting in Scotland having just watched last nights concluding part while my little boy naps! As soon as it was finished I instantly went for a Google search to see when the next series would start….I just couldn’t wait! Just imagine my disappointment when I read there is a chance it will be cancelled!!!!! Please bring it back!

2. Nicki says:

I have read some of the comments from other people, I too do not usually follow series but I had this one set to record every week I couldn’t risk missing one!! I think a lot of the viewers they lost may be due to taking a hiatus – not sure how the numbers work but if that’s other countries not just the US then I think I can speak for a lot of English viewers that we tend to lose interest if the series takes a break mid way through. However once you have spend 22 hrs of your life following an entire season you don’t seem to mind the break between seasons 1,2,3 etc? Or is that just me…?
    I hope CW take heed of these comments, as we are the people that will be tuning in to season 2!
    There are so many questions that haven’t been answered still, and there needs to be some sort of confrontation between siobhan and Bridget! (maybe at the end of season 2?) I never thought that there was possibility for season 2 as I thought the ties would be made in ep.22 but the last scenes, they definitely left it with a twist. I have an idea that possibly season 2 should/could be Bridget tracking down Siobhan, who now thinks bridget is dead as she assumes boddoway has killed her?? Tables turned!
    Ps to CW: if you don’t make season 2 I’ll be forced to recreate my own version in my room… Which is most likely not healthy :-p

3. Ruby says:

I would also say the show lost ratings because it was off air so long,I really like the show and story line but don’t like it when it’s off air and I never seen any warning of it going off,I must of missed it .pLEASE BRING IT BACK

4. Dana says:

I absolutely love this show. This is the best show in a long time that captures your full attention. The twists and turns in the story line leave my head spinning and wanting more. Great cast. Love SMG! What do I have to do to help the CW continue this series? If I have to promote and market the show I will. I need my Ringer fix every week or I will go through withdrawal. I’m not kidding. Please come back for another season and many more.

5. Pamela Rivera says:

Ringer should definitely return. I love this show!!! My husband would not watch it with me, so I had to DVR it, and I am sure that many other people did that as well.I found it just as interesting as Revenge and that show is a hit!!!

6. Ringer lover says:

I love Ringer sooooooooooooo much !! I think ringer should definitively return no matter what the numbers are ! the story line is the BEST !

RINGER IS MY LIFE !!! please continue with a season 2 and many more !

7. Melanie cope says:

Please bring out series 2 of The Ringer, i need to see Bridgette and Andrew get back together and Siobhan lose everything

8. vanessa says:

I love this show…all the twist n turns have me totallg intrigued. I got all my friendz into it cuz i love smg so we all hope it comes back for season 2! What happens with shiv n bridge? ? I want bridge to find her sister…payback time. N andrew has to forgive bridge n realize hes in love w her…*mush*

9. Benelie says:

I’m sorry to tell you that CW did cancell the show. No season 2 next year :(

10. Sidd says:

they cant cancel it despite the viewers there are too many people (myself including) that care a lot about the show its an original and who knows maybe season 2 will be a bigger hit they have to take a chance its too good to be crossed out all its needs is publicity and good promotion can get that.

11. Sonia Martinez says:

Please bring the series back or at least give us an ending!

12. Sonia Martinez says:

please please bring it back

13. Benelie says:

I’m sorry to tell you that The CW cancelled it: http://www.3xcusemyfrench.com/2012/05/news-ringer-secret-circle-cancelled/

14. Benelie says:

Sadly, the CW cancelled the show: http://www.3xcusemyfrench.com/2012/05/news-ringer-secret-circle-cancelled/

The ratings weren’t good at all, that’s why the network decided to cancel the show.

15. Annemarie Ballez says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME BACKKKKKKKKKKKK

16. Modesty says:

Lets hope season 2 will come soon..Its a great show!

17. Teresa says:

No way you can’t cancel this. It kept me on the edge of my seat, I too recorded it as never had chance to watch it when it was on. Great show’!!!!!!

18. Bee says:

Ringer was the best! I had to stop watching it due to my schedule, but image my dismay when I realize that I can no longer TIVO it at my leisure….strike against getting TIVO, this show was one of the main reasons I almost did. Please bring it back for season two!! It’s so good!!

19. Kim says:

Piss me off I loved that show fuck the ratings bring it back!!!!!!! Who knows maybe it will be better for the next season!!! Gotta give it another shot!!!!!!

20. jad el khoury says:

heck im from lebanon and i’m telling you everyone in our tiny little country watches this show
    hasn’t the cw realized that many people don’t watch it live coz they can watch it online? the cw is a failed network because they take good shows and destroy them :S

21. Jesie says:

I hope that Ringer doesn’t cancel i love that show.I think that the story is amazing and i would really be sad if they do that. I watch all the episodes of season 1 and there are very good. I really like the crew and the actores they really make a good team so i think that is it :) ) And pleace don’t cancel the showww <3

22. michelle says:

I have just sat & watched the remaining episodes of the ringer & gone online to see when the next season starts, cannot believe that it has been axed i have not enjoyed a series like this for a long time with the twists, turns the intrigue has been brilliant please bring back another season x

23. jaedyn says:

this is my FAVOURITE show and i will be very upset if they cancel it.it has so many twists and turns i really dont know how people CANT be interested. and the way they left the first season its impossible not to have a second season.PLEASE DONT CANCEL RINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. jaedyn says:

i will not stand for this canceling shit!!!!!the cw is being a bunch of pricks just because they cant get there ratings and there money!!!PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE give the show another chance.they cant tell the futare it might do really well.i know ill nbe watchin every minite of every season!!!

25. FLoW says:

Amen to those who want a second season.
    It isn’t fair to leave it hanging like that!!!
    And as for ratings being low, here in Australia, the programme was on tv for a while, then disappeared, and when i finally realised it was back on, it was on at a ridiculous time slot, there was no marketing for it and i had missed the last of it. I ended up watching it all online!

If you can’t give us a second season at least give us a proper ending and some closure!!!

26. Nix says:

I can’t believe I taped this and have sat watching it only for the huge cliff hanger!! To find out its cancelled, this is doing my head, in the show is fantastic, like a lot of shows it is put on at ridiculous times that us mothers can’t possibly stay up to watch them so in order to function the next day with 3 children, I tape it so does that mean I miss a rating put it on at a decent time and watch the ratings sore and don’t have a crazy long break just play the full season and then see, I really would love season 2 please consider it or even just have the decency to record something and give us loyal fans a ending :)

27. Janel says:

It really sucks for the fans who loved the show and watched it all the time…. I watched it constantly I have seen each episode 3 times I was really really hoping for a season 2 they need to give the show a second chance that was the only tv series that I watched and actually got me hooked
    Please come back ringer
    A very loyal fan

28. Silje says:

I can’t believe that this show won’t continue another season. Ringer is so exciting for both teenagers and adults. And, it has been replaced by “The L.A. Complex” which is a far less exciting show. I am watching both shows, but Ringer beats The L.A. Complex easily.

29. Chris says:

Please bring my Favourite Teusday night show back, ringer is an incredible show. And sarah Michelle Geller really deserves to have this. She is a great actress; I missed her when Buffy was over. Please bring Ringer back it’s a great show. SEASON 2!!!!

30. nadia says:

estou muito decepisionada por nao tem um segunde temporada e muito triste eu amei asere gostaria de ver mas .

31. breanne says:

Love this show!! I really hope it comes back for another season. This show is so exciting and i always look forward to watching every Tuesday!! Please have season 2!!!!!!

32. deedee says:

pleassee bring it back its one of the few shows i record just in case i miss one

33. ringer lover girl says:

ringer shld have the 2nd season this is one of the best series i have ever watched gosh CW wats up!!! we need ringer am so dissapointed that the 2nd season might be cancelled this is one of the best am hurt honestly….

34. Alkira says:

YES YES YES ….. I watched the first two episoded recently on a flight and have since spent the last 48 hours ONLY watching ringer ….. watched the entire series on a row and honestly can’t believe there is any chance of series two NOT happening …… the show must go on ….. I’m 100% YES

35. RINGER #1 FAN says:

I HAVE A RINGER FAN SINCE THE SHOW AIRED AND HAVE ENJOYED EVERY SECOND OF IT LEAVING ME WANTING TO KNOW MORE AND MORE. I AM SO UPSET THAT THE SHOW WAS CANCELLED. I AM ONE OF THE VIEWERS WHO WATCHED FROM MY COMPUTER EVERY WEEK BECAUSE I DONT HAVE CABLE SO THAT WAS THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO KEEP UP WITH THE SHOW. I WOULD REALLY SUPPORT FOR THIS SHOW TO COME BACK WITH A SECOND SEASON BECAUSE IT WAS WONDERFUL, SUSPENSEFUL, GUT WRENCHING, SURPRISING AND INTENSE. THATS WHY IT SHOULD CONTINUE AND I THINK OTHERS SHOULD SUPPORT THE SHOW COMING BACK ON. I AM 100% BEHIND THE SHOW COMING BACK. PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!!

36. Monica says:

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!! This show has to go on! My favorite show on the CW! (I follow a lot of shows on the CW, but the Ringer is my fav!)

37. Adalia says:

I am in love with this show, it is soooo wonderful! It is so suspenseful, and like a mystery and just when you think you might know what’s going on, it takes a twist! It is soo interesting & keeps me on the edge of my seat! I love this and i hate for it to be cancelled! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

38. Wavey says:

Hey all, if you haven’t already please join the fight to Bring Ringer back. Tweet about it using #Ringer2013. Follow @SaveRinger1 and Like Save Ringer on Facebook. We want Ringer back!! #Ringer2013

39. Angela Marchese says:

I love Ringer!!! Please bring it back. From week to week I couldn’t wait to see what happens….I love the twists and turns the show has. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, bring it back!!!!!

40. Vicky says:

Absolutely loved this show! It was finally something that is complicated and interesting and different to all the reality shows/cooking/singing/cop series that’s already on TV. Please bring it back!! (I’ll admit I’m one of the ones who watch it online because it was easier to catch up episodes – so don’t let the ratings fool you CW!)
    Don’t have Twitter, but if there’s a Facebook page- I’d definitely add my vote to BRING SEASON 2!!

41. jewelya spencer says:

Ioan….my man, don’t leave us!! Let me write your opener!
    Sarah M G is preg. W Ioan G baby (identical boys!)Now they know everything move to the south of France…Epernay? Raise two french Ioan Jr’s and come back to Manhatton when the boys are 18 HOT AND WILD

42. Kristine says:

I really hate when networks do this. They get you hooked on a show and then without warning yank it from their network. I was hooked on Ringer after the first episode. It had something the other shows didn’t, SUSPENSE & SURPRISE. There was always some twists and turns in each episode. I was always waiting to see how every episode would end because it NEVER ended the way I thought it would. The least they could do is put out a final episode or two to tie everything up. There was still so much story left to tell. The CW made a mistake cancelling this one! :(

43. Tweety says:

I love this show. I watched Ringer, Vampire Diaries, and Secrete Circle religiously every week. Imagine my disappointment when I hear that two of the three shows won’t be coming back in the fall. Please bring them back! I’m struggling with finding anything to watch these days! All that’s on the air anymore are reality shows(which I can’t stand) and talent shows(don’t like these either!)

44. holly says:

I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT THE SHOW IS CANCELLED!!!!
    I think that is very SELFISH as thousands of people are gripped
    with it and want an ending at least let alone like another 5 series!!
    Thats so so selfish and I am disguised ad will make sure never tI watch anything by
    CW again!!! You may not like the show but others do!!!!!

45. jaedyn says:

listen here CW!!!!! theres 1.1 MILLION people watchin each episode,and that may not be many but theres alot of other aspects that you have to encounter.if you tracked all the people who watch the show on itunes,youtube,other websites and all the thousands of people who cant watch it at the time so they record it. please look at all these things and im sure you will find thta it is a very popular show.PLEASE give ringer another chance:)

46. you really need to bring us a 2nd season ,you can,t just leaveing us hanging like that come on please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

47. Iceberg says:

I long for a Season 2,please,please

48. ROSIE says:

PLZ!!!!! RETURN THE RINGER!!! HOW YOU STOP A SHOW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON AT LEAST FINISH THE SEASON OR SOMETHING DON’T LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT

49. Holly says:

It needs to be brought back ! I did’nt know what to do with myself when the last episode finished and now that it may not even come back !Horrible /: We need to know what happens with Siobhan and Bridget !

50. kim says:

I love this show . I look forward to watching it .Great show ….I will miss it a lot . Hope it can find it’s way back …..plz….. bring….. ringer………back….